Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Civ Rev

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution proved to be one of those pivotal projects that allowed me a chance to discover my real interest in animation.  It's like putting on a pair of shoes that you didn't think were yours, but they turn out to fit PERFECTLY!!!

One of the characters I posed, and animated was even featured on a magazine cover.  Bonus!


This was my first gig as an animator.  All my time before this point was spent as a modeler on Civ 3, Pirates!, RailRoads, Civ 4, etc.  I really got to flex some creative muscle and join my friends on the animation team.

Here are some of my favorite leaderhead animations from the project.  Since making these, much time has been spent studying the actual art of animation and acting, and how to do it well.  I see tons of areas I could have done differently, but such is the story of any art we make.  My work has only gotten better.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment